Our school library is located on the lower floor of the Elementary Wing and is open to students Tuesday to Friday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. To contact Mrs. Sucro, please call 250-372-5452 (ext 205) or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use a library catalog program called Destiny. This program offers many services for our students, accessed through this link: https://ciskd.follettdestiny.ca/
- search for library books from any computer
- see titles for books that are new to the library
- see a list of the most popular books
- check on the due date status of books that are checked out, renew books, put books on hold
To log in, the username is Firstname.Lastname and the password is Lastname00 (where 00 is the last two digits of their Personal Education Number which is found on the student’s report card).
WORLD BOOK WEB
Looking for something? Find it on the World Book Web! In this amazing School and Library Edition, you will find learning activities, quizzes, current news, encyclopedia and other reference materials that will help students with homework and research. Students and St. Ann’s families can access the World Book Web from home using the link below. If you forget the username and password, please ask your teacher or the librarian.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIRS
Scholastic Book Fairs are offered at the school each year. This year, the fairs have been happening online. Once you have placed an online order, your order will be shipped directly to your address and the Library will earn 20% back in product rewards. Shipping is free with orders $35 or more, otherwise standard shipping is $6. At this time, Express Shipping is not an option. Customers will receive a tracking number for their order once it is shipped.
BIRTHDAY BOOK CLUB
The Birthday Book Club is an opportunity for all elementary students at St. Ann’s Academy to contribute to their school library.
Here’s how it works:
During the week of your child’s birthday (or anytime during the school year), he or she donates a NEW book to the library. Books should be valued at under $10.00. We ask the literature provided be suitable for elementary students aged 5 – 12 years (NO “board books” please).
Children receive recognition in many ways;
- A certificate is attached to the inside book’s back cover with the child’s name printed on it.
- A list display in the library shows members’ donations by child’s name and book title.
- A Birthday Party: In June all children who have contributed are invited to share in a Birthday Book Club celebration with cake, juice, and videos in the library.
1. No Food or Drink.
2. Treat everyone with respect.
3. Treat the materials you borrow with respect.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY:
1. Library computers are for research. Students who require the research for a class get priority over other users.
2. Email is only to be used to send homework, or to pick up assignments you have sent from home.
3. Games, chat lines and instant messaging are absolutely off limits with no exceptions.
Books have a three week loan period. Three days grace are given for a book that is overdue. A fine of $0.10 a day is charged after this grace period. If books and fines accrue then all privileges are suspended until the book is returned and the fine is paid.